Sunday 12 February 2012

Vintage - Photographically Speaking - Day 8

f/4, ISO 400, 1/125 Nikkor 85mm in Manual, spot metering mode


Day 8: To get creative setting up my own mini studio. Kim's 'just enough' is proving difficult for me. I find I get back to the computer with my images and wonder why I have so much 'stuff' in my image.
I set my mini studio up pretty much the same as Kim's....a table by the window, blinds drawn to soften the light, white foam board on two sides of my set up.
I used my Grandparents wedding photo, his bible, and her locket to help with the vintageness, and I stuffed the tulips into a blue Mason jar.
Doing as Kim's video suggested with revolution texture, font vt portable remington, and a custom gradient. Had a really hard time to get some colour out of the leaves/stems, they kept going blue.....so I'll leave that baby step for another time.


Here is a photo of my otherwise dark setting for my mini studio.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image turned out beautiful, nicely done. I like your studio set up, love your table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your image is very nice .. . great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable and the blend of colour is just perfect. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete